The stretch of Third Street under construction, between Schilling and Davis streets, will be closed to through traffic during the project. Local access to businesses and residences will remain open.
This phase of $3.4 million local project will cost approximately $1.1 million, funded by traffic impact fees, the City’s Road District and curb and sidewalk program assessments.
The new Third Street will be a great improvement in function and look and will add capacity to carry traffic and new bicycle and pedestrian facilities, making South Third Street West a complete street from Russell to Reserve streets. These improvements will serve development taking place in the neighborhood.
All are welcome to sign up to receive notification updates by text message or e-mail through Notify Me. Scroll down to the category News Flash and then to Third Street Reconstruction.
The project planning costs are estimated at $2,000,000.
- Assessments to property owners: $600,000
- City in kind labor and materials: $700,000
- Transportation Impact Fees: $700,000
- Preliminary design: Summer 2012
- Communications and some one on one meetings with property owners for Phase 1: Summer / Fall 2012
- Final Design Phase 1: Fall / Winter 2012
- Bidding Phase 1: Winter 2012 / Spring 2013
- Construction Phase 1 – Russell to Schilling: Summer 2013
- Final design and construction of Phase 2: Winter 2013 and Summer 2014
- Final design and construction of Phase 3: Winter 2014 and Summer 2015
Kevin Slovarp, City Engineer
Doug Harby, Construction Projects Manager